Welcome to the world of fashion, design & sewing, tap into your creativity, develop new skills, pattern styling & stitching techniques that will change your world.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
- Beginners welcome even if never sewn before & teens, step into the fashion world of making clothes, and boost your self-confidence by learning new skills through sewing. Ladies, gents & teens from age of 10.
- Intermediate start to adjust patterns to fit you correctly, adapt patterns for your body imperfections & proportions.
- Advance level takes you into design, style your own mini wardrobe from day wear into evening wear. Great for post graduate fashion students and fashion/sewing entrepreneurs.
- Machinery, stitching & fabric knowledge 101
- Bias binding, elastic, rolled hemming, cap sleeve, top stitching details
- Le Chef Project: apron, double oven glove, napkins
- Casual wear mini collection
- Bonus gift – fun projects
A brief breakdown of what this course covers:
- Fabric knowledge: work with woven fabrics, blends & knits
- Basic patterns that fit correctly
- Planning sewing collection & fabric suggestions
- Fun projects: Bags, lingerie, kaftan, denim set, etc
- Tops: from shirt, darted with collar
- Skirts: from pencil skirt style to A-line
- Trouser: Elasticated to zip fly front style
- Jumpsuit: tailored to knitwear
- Dress: A-line to shift darted & lined style
- Jackets: Straight collarless to paneled & lined styles
- 6x Bonus gift – fun sewing projects
OUR FUTURE FASHIONISTA’S & FASHION DESIGNERS
To encourage and recognize the natural talents in our young ones, inspire them, to learn skills that ignite their passions, becoming masters, for their future careers or leading entrepreneurs.
Ages 10yrs to 20years of age. No sewing experience is required.
Layout module from beginners combined with more creative classes:
- FASHION MOOD BOARDS / fashion illustration & sketching
- Creative flair in fashion and 101 interior décor.
- Revamping, Recycling clothing techniques,
- Beadwork on fun items, / Make matching accessories,
- Table décor project to impress mom, family and guests,
- Stenciling designs with fabric paint onto garments & bags,
- Trace own patterns from measurements,
- Read commercial patterns & how to cut out
- Grain lines / Fabric lay & cut out pattern
- Sew different types zip techniques, button holes, collars
- Sew mini wardrobe collections
Pattern planning & construction, infusing pattern styles creating new looks, adapting and adjusting patterns learning to stretch your patterns styling and finishing off with professional sewing techniques
- Learn how to plan, your sewing projects,
- Learn how to design with fabrics & combining colours
- Learn how to sew with challenging fabrics
- Learn how to design, plan, change patterns & sew your style wardrobe collection
- Learn how to finish off your garments with high quality sewing technique
CLASSES TIMES & PRICES
09h30 – 12h00 morning class; (not available )
14h00 -16h30 afternoon class;
17h30 – 20h00 evening classes,
09h30 -12h00 morning class
14h00 -16h30 afternoon class;
17h30 – 20h00 evening classes,
09h00 – 11h30 morning class
11h30 – 14h00 mid-afternoon class
13h00 – 15h30 late afternoon class
COURSE DURATION: Beginners 4months
Intermediate course 6 -8months
PRICE: R950 per month (beginners/Teens/ intermediate)
ACCELERATE PACKAGE: R1900 – 2xclasses per week = 8x classes per month
ADVANCE CLASS: R1200 per month
GENTS WORKSHOP CLASS: R1500 per month
MANUAL/MODULE PRICE: R250 printed module (included in registration)
Sewing Business Course R4 980 per month 3 months (3xdays a week) (May, June, July) to start your sewing business
STITCHING TO RICHES- R995 Includes:Book & Online 6x weeks
OVERALL COURSE PROJECTION
INTRODUCTION TO IMAGE STYLING CONSULTATION
LATEST FASHION TRENDS
COMMERICAL PATTERNS –
- Understanding basic pattern fits & construction,
- Correct measurements & for body imperfections /proportional fits
- How to change patterns & combine different patterns to create new styles,
- Sewing from basic skills to learning professional finishing off techniques,
- Casual styles, sportwear, formal to lined garments & evening wear
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- If, a student misses classes they will have to make up on your own time, no substitute classes and no alternating classes allowed.
- One-month notice is required when you want to terminate your classes.
- Full payment on the 1st of every new month.
- Classes are held strictly on the times & days selected.
- Punctuality is recommended to avoid delaying or to interrupt class.
- Using own machines on premises.
- If, machines are left in class, is at your ow risk, Tania Sutherland / Stitching Studio will not he held responsible for any damage, loss or theft.
- Preparation of garments – ironing and pressing iron on stiffener is to be done before arriving in class.
- No classes on religious and public holidays
HOW TO START YOUR SEWING BUSINESS CAREER
Hard copy published Book or eBook version
Weekly Video tutorials over 4x weeks, loaded with tools, tips and guidance steps to becoming a fashion entrepreneur
Step by step
WHEN YOU DO WHAT YOU LOVE YOU GLOW.
STITCHING TO RICHES 101
Step by step start up your fashion business
FASHION BUSINESS START UP (Book & online eCourse – downloadable)
Gain clarity on what you providing to your market
Do, you have what it takes to start up your own fashion business?
- First, step is to clarify what you will be offering
- Who are you selling to?
- What makes what you offering so unique?
- Do you have what it takes to become an entrepreneur?
- Time management? Will you be working full time while starting up your biz?
- Do you have a cash flow to start up?
- What is your big dream/goal at the end of all this?
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT 101
- Blue print on how to set up your fashion business
- Crystal, Clear, Clarity of what you really want
- Guidance career ‘Planner’
- Know your product (your talents & strengths)
- Know your target market
- NLP business coaching session
- Habits you would need to change or let go of to make a success in your business
- Confidence & self-worthiness understanding to become successful
- Your true mentor
- Marketing & exposure
- Pricing your products
- What products, services to you have right now you can generate an income from.
TURN YOUR PASSION FOR FASHION INTO A THRIVING BUSINESS.
Including life & business coaching guidance with years of entrepreneurial business tips.
One-day workshop ‘how to start your own business’
Discover your talents, skills & use your knowledge, then plan your entrepreneurial enterprise layout. This workshop gives you guidance and insight on following your true talents and career path, tapping into your deeper conscious levels bringing out what you truly have passion for, and how to take action your dreams into reality. Step by step plan.
- Typical entrepreneurial mistakes to avoid
- Creating a successful mindset
- How to double your business, using the talents you have right now, as well as obtaining and learning new skills along the way to grow and improve your career and financial independence.
Tania Sutherland shares her business tips, of success & failure with the students and gives hands on experience and knowledge to take their idea and dreams from where they are right now, to the next level.
Soon will be available on video tutorial & PDF notes downloadable
- Start up Your Biz work book day class /eBook online course
- Blue print to start up your business
- Video links sent to you each Monday for 4x weeks
- Worksheets & activities
- Email /what’s app communication over the 4x weeks with Tania Sutherland & Team
YOUR DESIGNING & DRESSMAKING TOOL KIT LIST
· thread snippers,
· sharp fabric scissor,
· paper scissor,
· 1m length ruler, Set square 30cm by 30cm, French curve ruler
· Sketch pad A4 size, A4 tracing paper book,
· normal pencil and coloured pencils/khoki’s for fashion illustration sketching
· tape measure in cm’s,
· fabric pins,
· baby pin,
· narrow knitting needle,
· sewing needles, normal sizes and thin for beadwork,
· 10x bobbins for your sewing machine,
· light and dark colour fabric chalk pencil,
· medium (3cm wide in size) paint brush to clean your machines,
· your machine manuals,
· 1x arch lever file,
· 100x pack of plastic file pockets,
· Steleotape- sticky tape
· paper hole punch
· few fashion magazines,
· tracing wheel & carbon paper to trace off patterns
· sewing machine tweezers
· small bottle of machine oil
· medium size tool box or plastic basket to keep your kit together
· thread to match your fabric
· Fabric – woven (not knit)
WHAT PATTERNS DO I NEED?
Commercial patterns are provided in class allowing you to trace off on soft paper, using your body measurement, to use and keep in your arch lever file
LIST OF ITEMS TO BRING ON DAY 1
Step 1 Know what your style is, and how to dress your body shape
FASHION VISION BOARD
Beginners, intermediate & advance levels
- You will need 3 to 6 fashion magazines, paper scissor & pritt or steleo-tape (Fairlady, Rooi Rose, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Finesse, etc.)
- Bring along any garments/styles that you have sewn
- Discussion about fashion personalities, body shapes and colours that suit you best
- Latest fashion trends presentation
Beginners start with kitchen Le chef project:
Apron, table napkins & double oven glove set.
- Bring along 2.5metres mini matt and your sewing machine,
- One roll of bright thread which will stand out on the fabric you bought, to use to experiment with your different types of stitches on your sewing machine
- Bias binding – 2.5cm wide, 4.50m. Pair of paper cutting scissor, pins, A4 sheets of paper / fabric scissor, Sewing tool kit, Set square, one metre ruler (steel), pen/pencils, eraser
- Trace off Le Chef patterns & start cutting out
Intermediate & advance levels:
Bring along drawing equipment
- SKETCH PAD, pencils, khoki’s, erasers
- Body measurements & commercial patterns discussion
- Sewing projects planning & projection discussion
- Bring along sketch pad and pencils
Complete the following registration form and email it to email@example.comRegistration form